Friday, February 4, 2011

Urfaust




alphaandomega's favourite Albums of 2010: #15

Track: Der Zauberer
Artist: Urfaust
Album: Der Freiwillige Bettler
Genre: Black Metal/Atmospheric Black Metal
Similar Artists: Walknut, Klage, Sun of the Blind

--> Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?y459ryvaa61ggt1

Urfaust is one of my all-time favourite bands. When I first started listening to them, I just couldn't get into them. But after I listened to Geist Ist Teufel a few more times, I knew I was listening to something great. (Hear a track from that album here) Anyways, I didn't know what to think of their newest album, Der Freiwillige Bettler, upon first listen, but again, after listening to it a few more times, I loved it. The album still has the atmosphere and vocals that I love this band for. I think that this album is somewhat slower sounding than their others, but still really good. Hey, I mean it's 1/2 way between #30 and #1 on my list.

Oh, and on a side note, Urfaust is going to be having a show in Canada this year! No word on the whereabouts yet, but I'd be willing to make the trip to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment