Thursday, February 10, 2011

Alcest



alphaandomega's favourite Albums of 2010: #7

Track: Écailles de Lune pt ii
Artist: Alcest
Album: Écailles de Lune
Genre: Atmospheric Black Metal/Shoegaze/Post-Rock

Similar Artists: Amesoeurs, Les Discrets, Lantlôs

--> Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ldiuawmtihm

This album gives me chills each time I listen to it, and it was even more chilling to hear live. I wish I could go back in time to that show, it was such an intense show.

Anyways, Alcest is by far my favourite project of Neige's. Sure there's Lantlôs, Amesoeurs, and Peste Noire, but this project just has a really beautiful sound to it. Alcest's sound has become increasingly post-rock and shoegaze inspired with Écailles de Lune. There are still black metal elements, but the other elements from the other genres listed are more prominent. Beautiful album overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment