Sunday, February 13, 2011

Agalloch (2)



alphaandomega's favourite Albums of 2010: #1

Track:
To Drown
Artist:Agalloch
Album: Marrow of the Spirit
Genre: Atmospheric Black Metal/Folk/Doom Metal
Similar Artists: Drudkh, Alcest

--> Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1omrirl0itpk0er

Agalloch's newest album is so beautiful. The purely instrumental track is a great way to begin the album, and it ends with a purely instrumental clip too. There are more clean vocals in this album compared to past albums, and the tracks are lengthier. I think that this album has a very haunting quality to it, the ambient elements are a nice touch, as are the sounds of nature. Everytime I listen to their album or any other album of theirs, I envision images of nature, which has a very calming effect for me. That's probably why I love their music so much.

So psyched to hear Agalloch live in March, this will certainly be a concert highlight of the year.

And that concludes my list for my favourite albums of 2010. There are a bunch of albums I didn't get the chance to listen to, so looking back at the list I might have changed a few things. Hope you enjoyed the list!

1 comment:

  1. This album too a while to grow on me. And grow it has.

    It deserves a place on my list, but I just want to be done with that now.

    ReplyDelete