Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Skrillex


Track: Kill Everybody
Artist: Skrillex
Album: Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites EP
Genre: Dubstep/Electronic
Similar Artists: Feed Me, Deadmau5


I'm not quite sure what dubstep is, or if I really like it even. From what I've heard (and admittedly it hasn't been much) it all seems pretty generic and fails to keep my attention, even though I harbor a secret passion for next level beats. Case and point: Deadmau5 and most of Justice. I like the couple songs and remixes put out under Skrillex precisely because they keep my attention. More samples than a cyber-grind album, big beats, time signatures reminiscent of the Breakcore I've enjoyed, and hooks catchier than typhoid. I don't care if he used to be in From First To Last; I don't even know what they sound like.



No comments:

Post a Comment