Monday, July 25, 2011

Gorguts


Track: Nostalgia
Artist: Gorguts
Album: Obscura
Genre: Experimental Death Metal
Similar Artists: Ulcerate, Immolation, Baring Teeth


I saw Gorguts. It was rad. Certainly the best death metal show I've seen in a good long while. The venue was tiny, and the crowd was comprised of a tiny but dedicated fan base.

Obscura is my favourite Gorguts album. I love the production, the odd & innovative guitar-work,the direction they decided to take the band at this point, and it features my favourite Canadian vocal performance. An obscure death metal classic-pun sort of intended.

------------
Demo Material is ace too. Gorguts may just be the most consistent band in the genre, and yes, I am including Immolation.


Track: . . .And Then Comes Lividity (intro) + Haematological Allergy

listen to that intro

No comments:

Post a Comment